We’re always looking for volunteers to help staff our programming, tell our story at booths and festivals, provide a helping hand with maintenance at the Meredith Nicholson House, take photos or shoot videos at events and more. Check out the opportunities below, and fill out this form or email Bronwen Fetters (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any interest.
How can you help?
- Become an Indiana Humanities Ambassador
- Are you passionate about the humanities? Do you love talking to strangers? Then we’ve got the job for you! Our ambassador program sends willing volunteers out into the community to staff booths at festivals, conferences, workshops and other events. We provide a little training and a toolkit, and you hit the road to tell our story.
- Lend a hand at an Indiana Humanities program
- With a small staff, we occasionally find ourselves in the need for an extra set of hands at events. You could help staff our annual Historic Bar Crawl, a Next Indiana Campfire excursion, a Quantum Leap field trip, our Frankenstein kickoff and more.
- Help around the Meredith Nicholson House and grounds
- Working in a historic home is a blast, but it does not come without the need for routine maintenance. From time to time we have painting, electrical, plumbing, cleaning and landscaping needs. If you’ve got a little elbow grease, we can certainly use it.
- Attend a grantee event
- Our grant dollars travel statewide to fund humanities programming all over Indiana. While we’d love to attend all of our grantee events, our small staff can’t always be at every one. If you like public humanities programs, consider attending as the official Indiana Humanities representative at any number of our engaging grantee events.
- Shoot pictures or video footage at our events
- We’re in the need for professional-quality photography and videography to better tell our statewide story. If you’ve got an eye for the camera, we’d love to use your skill across the state at our events.
- Help out regularly with recurring office tasks
- If you enjoy office work and could come in on a weekly or biweekly basis, we’d love to welcome you to the Meredith Nicholson House. We routinely have data entry, administrative tasks related to our weekly Novel Conversations book shipments, group mailings to prepare and other office work that could keep you busy for a few hours each week.