Historic Preservation Education Grant
Historic Preservation Education Grants fund public programs that educate Indiana citizens about historic places and properties—and particularly about the need to preserve and protect them.
Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2023 (round 1) and Sept. 30, 2023 (round 2)
Goals and Timeline
Historic Education Preservation Grant programs may come in a variety of formats—workshops, presentations, booklets, brochures, reading/discussion programs, exhibitions, film documentaries and more—and we’re increasingly interested in supporting digital projects, such as online exhibits, webinars and podcasts, that expand outreach and educate even more people about the value of historic preservation.
- Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2023 (round 1) and Sept. 30, 2023 (round 2)
- Award: Up to $3,000
- Notification: Approximately one month after the application deadline
- Date Projects May Begin: April 15, 2023 (round 1) and Nov. 15, 2023 (round 2)
- Date by Which Projects Must Be Completed: Within one year of notification
- This grant requires at least a 100 percent cash/in-kind match.
- We plan to award 10 t0 12 Historic Preservation Education Grants in 2023.
- Funding is provided by Indiana Humanities (through the support of the National Endowment for the Humanities, a federal agency) and Indiana Landmarks.
Read the online application instructions.
See all the resources you need to apply for and manage a grant.
Historic Preservation Education Grant Highlights
Partners & Funders
Contact George Hanlin, Director of Grants:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 317.616.9784