As part of our Spirit of Competition theme, we’re requesting reading lists from some of Indiana’s most influential “competitors.”
First up is Indiana University Men’s Basketball Head Coach Tom Crean. Coach Crean, who encourages his student-athletes to think, read, talk and listen, lists his starting line-up below.
1. Finding a Way to Win: The Principles of Leadership, Teamwork and Motivation, by Bill Parcells
2. We are Soldiers Still: A Journey Back to the Battlefields of Vietnam, by Lt. Gen. Harold G. Moore and Joseph L. Galloway
3. 3 Nights in August, by Buzz Bissinger
4. The Season After: Are Sport Dynasties Dead?, by Peter King
5. High Hopes: Taking the Purple to Pasadena, Gary Barnett
Have you read any of these? What’s on your list? Tell us about your favorite competition-related books in the comments, below.