Campfires: Urban Wilderness Trail (Indianapolis)Hosted by Indiana Humanities
Join us for a trek through Indianapolis from a new angle!
On the Urban Wilderness Trail, local naturalists and scholars will guide us through the trails that cut their way through downtown Indianapolis and engage us in the history of the surrounding historic neighborhoods. This trek will be partially on foot, but we will shuttle to various locations for walks that reveal the history of White River.
The Campfire trek will be co-led by a humanities scholar and a naturalist. Along the way, we’ll stop to read short writings by nature writers. The trek will conclude with a shared meal and discussion around a campfire.
Your ticket price includes a campfire meal, Upland Brewing Co. beers, and snacks for the trail in addition to any entrance or rental fees associated with the trek.
WHERE: Urban Wilderness Trail
WHEN: August 12, 2023, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. EDT
SCHOLAR-FACILITATOR: Kay Hawthorne
TRAIL DIFFICULTY: TBD
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- A limited number of free tickets are available based on need, please contact Sam Opsahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Depending on weather, some trails may be wet, so wear shoes that can handle the mud!
- Please bring a reuseable water bottle to take with you on the outing.
- We will send a final confirmation two days before the event with driving and parking instructions and any other updates.
- In case of inclement weather, Indiana Humanities will cancel the event and alert you via email at least two hours prior to event start time. If the event is cancelled, you will be offered a ticket to another Campfires event of your choice.
- Upland Brewing Co. beer will be available to those 21 and older.
- Events are designed for ages 12 and up.
- Refunds are not available after 72 hours in advance.
Indiana Humanities’ award-winning Campfires program pairs nature and literature to spark conversations about Indiana’s future. Something about the combination of wild places, great writing, a warm campfire and cold beer gets Hoosiers talking in fresh and surprising ways about the world around us and our place in it. www.IndianaHumanities.org/Campfires
ABOUT INDIANA HUMANITIES
Indiana Humanities connects people, opens minds and enriches lives by creating and facilitating programs that encourage Hoosiers to think, read and talk. www.IndianaHumanities.org
Masks are optional at this event. A full refund will be granted to anyone who does not feel well on the day of the event. Please do not attend if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Any updates to the COVID-19 protocols will be communicated to attendees at least 24 hours prior to the event start time.
Indiana Humanities will make reasonable modifications to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to enjoy our programs. If you need an accommodation, please email Sam Opsahl at email@example.com.
Indiana Humanities takes photos and video at its events. These photos and video may appear on the Indiana Humanities website and in promotional materials. Your attendance at this event indicates your consent to have your image photographed and/or videotaped, and your permission to be interviewed, if appropriate.