- This event has passed.
Campfires: Blue River Paddle (Corydon)Hosted by Indiana Humanities
Join us for an excursion through southern Indiana on the Blue River!
Join us for an excursion through southern Indiana on the Blue River! The Corydon region is loaded with state history, and we’re excited to paddle through the area as we consider the ways that this winding path has influenced naturalists, artists, and other Hoosiers.
Our float will be co-led by a humanities scholar and a naturalist. Along the way, we will stop to read short writings by nature writers. Our float will conclude with a shared meal and discussion around a campfire.
Your ticket price includes a campfire meal, Upland Brewing Co. beers and snacks for the trail, in addition to any entrance or rental fees associated with the journey.
WHERE: Blue River (east of Corydon)
WHEN: Saturday, September 17, 2022 | 9 AM – 1 PM EDT
SCHOLAR-FACILITATORS: Julie Schweitzer, Harrison County Arts
FLOAT DIFFICULTY: Moderate; Some kayaking/canoeing experience recommended
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
• Participants have the option of bringing their own canoe or kayak or utilizing one provided by Harrison County Arts.
• Space is limited so advance registration is required. If all tickets are claimed, you will automatically be added to the waitlist and be notified if tickets should become available.
• Please bring a reusable water bottle to take with you on the outing.
• Due to the rocky river bottom, hard-soled shoes/sandals that can get wet are recommended.
• We will send a final confirmation two days before the event with driving and parking instructions and any other updates.
• In case of inclement weather, Indiana Humanities will cancel the event and alert you via email at least two hours prior to event start time. If the event is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.
• All Campfires are designed for ages 12 and up.
• Upland Brewing Co. beer will available to those 21 and older following the float.
• Refunds are not available after 72 hours in advance.
• A limited number of free tickets are available based on need, please contact Sam Opsahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.