Indiana Humanities CARES Grants
Nonprofit organizations that provide public humanities programming are invited to apply for funding relief due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The grants will range from $5,000 to $15,000, depending on the size of the organization’s budget and can be used only for general operating support.
The applications for Indiana Humanities CARES Grants are now closed.
Upcoming Grants Workshops
- Nov. 10, 9:30 to 11 a.m., Kokomo-Howard County Public Library, 220 N. Union St., Kokomo—REGISTER
- Nov. 17, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Kosciusko County Community Foundation, 102 E. Market St., Warsaw—REGISTER
If you are unable to attend a workshop and would like to know more, watch our grants webinar for more information.
Our colleagues at the National Endowment for the Humanities shared a list of resources for the cultural sector compiled by the Heritage Emergency National Task Force (HENTF). All links are to HENTF member organization resources, and many have additional resources embedded.
- CERF+, the Artist Safety Net (and HENTF member), announced on March 16 the formation of a COVID-19 Response Fund to support artists working in craft disciplines. CERF+ has also posted extensive information and resources for artists related to this crisis.
- Updated Resources from the National Coalition for Arts’ Preparedness & Emergency Response (NCAPER)
- Resources & Information for the Museum Field from the American Alliance of Museums
- Pandemic Preparedness Resources for Libraries from the American Library Association
- Coronavirus Resources for Librarians and Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) and Massachusetts Libraries by the Massachusetts Library System (via the Mass. statewide cultural heritage emergency network, COSTEP MA)
- For format-specific cleaning and salvage guidance, contact the National Heritage Responders (NHR)
In addition, a number of organizations in Indiana have made resources available online.
- COVID-19 Resources from the Indiana Small Business Development Center
- COVID-19 Resource Hub from the Indiana Philanthropy Alliance
- COVID-19 Response and Resources from the Indiana Arts Commission
If your organization is in need of support, we also encourage you to reach out to your local community foundation for guidance.
Looking for the Grants Admin Page?