Action Grants provide tax-exempt organizations with funds to develop and implement responsive and meaningful humanities programming.
Application Deadline: On a rolling basis, due the last day of each month
Goals and Timeline
Action Grants support projects that help people learn new information, consider different perspectives, share ideas and understand one another better. Programs may come in a variety of formats—workshops, presentations, reading/discussion programs, exhibitions, podcasts, film documentaries and more—as long as they’re open to the public and utilize the humanities as a tool for engagement.
- Application Deadline: On a rolling basis, due the last day of each month
- Award: Up to $3,000
- Notification: Within one month of the application deadline
- Date Projects May Begin: Six weeks after the application deadline
- Date by Which Projects Must Be Completed: Within one year of notification
- This grant requires at least a 100 percent cash/in-kind match.
- We plan to award 35 to 40 Action Grants in 2023; depending on demand, we cannot guarantee that funds will remain toward the end of the year.
- Indiana Humanities grants are funded through the support of the National Endowment for the Humanities, a federal agency.
Read the online application instructions.
Action Grant Resources
Grant resources designed to help you carry out a successful project.
Partners & Funders
Contact George Hanlin, Director of Grants:
email@example.com | 317.616.9784