More than 25 cities and towns will host 11 Indiana authors over the next few months as part of the Novel Conversations Speakers Program.
The program, open to public libraries, schools, churches, museums, community centers and other nonprofit organizations, was funded by a grant from The Glick Fund, a fund of the Central Indiana Community Foundation. Awardees were matched with authors that are current and past recipients of the Eugene & Marilyn Glick Indiana Authors Award.
The authors, along with the selected organizations and cities, include:
- Barker Mansion, Michigan City (Author: Michael Shelden)
- Bartholomew County Public Library, Columbus (Author: Adrian Matejka)
- Barton Rees Pogue Memorial Library, Upland (Author: Philip Gulley)
- Ben Davis Ninth Grade Center, Indianapolis (Author: Francesca Zappia)
- Boston Middle School, La Porte (Author: Edward Kelsey Moore)
- Brick Street Poetry, Beech Grove (Author: Adrian Matejka)
- Delphi Public Library, Delphi (Author: John David Anderson)
- Dubois Branch Library, Dubois (Author: Laura Bates)
- Fairmount Public Library, Fairmount (Author: Philip Gulley)
- Franklin County Public Library, Brookville (Author: Lori Rader-Day)
- Greenfield-Central Community Corporation, Greenfield (Author: John David Anderson)
- Hamilton East Public Library, Fishers (Author: Adrian Matejka)
- Huntington City Township Public Library, Huntington (Author: Lori Rader-Day)
- J.W. Riley High School, South Bend (Author: Bill Kenley)
- Jasper Public Library, Jasper (Author: Laura Bates)
- Johnson County Public Library, Franklin (Author: Edward Kelsey Moore)
- Marion Public Library, Marion (Author: Philip Gulley)
- Middlebury Community Public Library, Middlebury (Author: Philip Gulley)
- New Albany–Floyd County Public Library, New Albany (Author: John David Anderson)
- Oakland City Columbia Township Public Library, Oakland City (Author: Philip Gulley)
- Osgood Public Library, Osgood (Author: Lori Rader-Day)
- Owen County Public Library, Spencer (Author: Sarah Gerkensmeyer)
- Roachdale Public Library, Roachdale (Author: Bill Kenley)
- Southmont High School, Crawfordsville (Author: Francesca Zappia)
- Stephen Foster Elementary School, Indianapolis (Author: John David Anderson)
- Walton and Tipton Township Public Library, Walton (Author: Laura Bates)
- Washington Carnegie Public Library, Washington (Author: Bryan Furuness)
In addition to paying the speakers’ fees, Indiana Humanities will provide participating organizations with resources such as a communications toolkit, press release template and event banner. Participating organizations are responsible for working with authors to schedule engagements and cover any travel expenses. Author events must be completed by June 30, 2018.
For more information, contact George Hanlin at 317.616.9784 or firstname.lastname@example.org.