The effort to conserve the White River in and around Muncie is not only the state’s longest-running river clean-up project, it’s also one of the most successful. We’ll see the results of nearly 50 years of conservation as we paddle a few miles of river through upland forests, then gather for a campfire and discussion in our final 2018 trek.
SCHOLAR-FACILITATOR: Jason Goldsmith, Butler University
TRAIL DIFFICULTY: Easy(difficulty may vary depending on water levels)
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- A limited number of free tickets are available based on need, please contact Leah Nahmias at email@example.com.
- Depending on weather, some trails may be wet, so wear shoes that can handle the mud!
- Please bring a reuseable water bottle to take with you on the outing.
- We will send a final confirmation two days before the event with driving and parking instructions and any other updates.
- In case of inclement weather, Indiana Humanities will cancel the event and alert you via email at least two hours prior to event start time. If the event is cancelled, you will be offered a ticket to another Next Indiana Campfires event of your choice.
- Upland Brewing Co. beer will available to those 21 and older.
- Events are designed for ages 12 and up.