Don a life vest and hop aboard a raft for this easy float through the Broad Ripple and Rocky Ripple neighborhoods in Indianapolis! We’ll start at Indianapolis Art Center, stop at Holliday Park to discover the trails and nature that thrive right in the center of the city and conclude with lunch and discussion at Rocky Ripple Town Hall.
Each trek is co-led by a humanities scholar and a naturalist. Along the way, we stop to read short writings by Indiana nature writers. Each trek concludes with a shared meal and discussion around a campfire.
Your ticket price includes a campfire meal, Upland Brewing Co. beers and snacks for the trail, in addition to any entrance or rental fees associated with the trek.
SCHOLAR-FACILITATOR: Kevin McKelvey, University of Indianapolis
TRAIL DIFFICULTY: Easy
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- A limited number of free tickets are available based on need, please contact Leah Nahmias at email@example.com.
- Depending on weather, some trails may be wet, so wear shoes that can handle the mud!
- Please bring a reuseable water bottle to take with you on the outing.
- We will send a final confirmation two days before the event with driving and parking instructions and any other updates.
- In case of inclement weather, Indiana Humanities will cancel the event and alert you via email at least two hours prior to event start time. If the event is cancelled, you will be offered a ticket to another Next Indiana Campfires event of your choice.
- Upland Brewing Co. beer will available to those 21 and older.
- Events are designed for ages 12 and up.
- Refunds are not available after 72 hours in advance.
ABOUT NEXT INDIANA CAMPFIRES
Next Indiana Campfires pairs nature and literature to spark conversations about Indiana’s future. This year’s series is made possible by generous funding from the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust; we are proud to be a part of a consortium of Central Indiana organizations helping Hoosiers to access and appreciate the White River. We are also grateful to our friends at Upland Brewing Co. for providing us with delicious, cold beer. www.IndianaHumanities.org/Campfires