Indiana is home to 314,501 immigrants, more than half of whom are from Latin America. In Indianapolis, the number of immigrants is on pace to double within the next 10 years. Contribute to a conversation about the changing demographics of our community and the vital role Latino Hoosiers are playing in the future of Indiana education, business, arts and culture, and our shared civic life.
Chew On This is a program designed by Indiana Humanities to use the power of food and drink as a convener of people and catalyst for conversation to inspire thoughtful discussion on engaging topics. At multiple locations across the city, groups of 10-15 diners share a meal and conversation led by a trained facilitator.
Facilitators will include:
- Terri Morris Downs, Executive Director of the Immigrant Welcome Center
- Christina Hale, State Representative, Indiana General Assembly
- Doneisha Posey, Attorney, The Law Firm of Fatima Johnson
- Rafael Sanchez, VP of Business Development and Legal Affairs at Fine Line Printing
- Maria Wildridge, Director of Latino Services and Outreach for Marion County Prosecutor’s Office
- Raul Zavaleta, Partner at Cogent Professionals, LLC
RSVP to purchase your ticket and view locations!