ALL-INgaged is a new standards-based curriculum for grades 6-12 focused on building students’ understanding of civic participation in Indiana and activating them as researchers and change-makers in their local communities. The curriculum can be implemented in a variety of educational settings, including in-school and out-of-school, after-school settings and even community college. It is an especially good fit for government, civics, geography, other social studies and/or interdisciplinary humanities classes.
The eight lessons in the curriculum draw from Indiana Humanities’ ALL-IN program, which encourages Hoosiers to learn more about Indiana, get involved in their communities and imagine ways to make our state (even) better.
- Strengthens students’ expertise in understanding local, regional, and statewide conditions that impact their civic identities.
- Utilizes local communities as laboratories of inquiry, knowledge, and investigation.
- Engages youth in exploration, research and problem solving within their local communities.
- Helps students develop an increased civic identity and encourages the youth of Indiana to see their potential as agents of change.
- Positions students to create a vision for their community to maintain good health and well-being.