ABOUT NEXT INDIANA CAMPFIRES
After a fun and unforgettable 2016 slate of statewide excursions, Next Indiana Campfires is back!
Indiana’s landscapes have inspired generations of Hoosiers. The literature they’ve written and the state parks system they founded are legacies we enjoy today. What will we leave for generations to come? Next Indiana Campfires pairs nature and literature to ignite conversations about Indiana’s future.
HEARD ON THE WATER
“The Next Indiana Campfires program is terrific. I can’t say enough good things about connecting people to Indiana outdoors and Hoosier writers! Indiana Humanities has hit a home run.” — Susan Sutton, two-time program participant
ABOUT THE EXCURSION
Unwind from your week with a sunset paddling trip at Eagle Creek Park. The paddle will last about 2 hours, followed by campfire, beers, food and discussion. Last year’s paddling adventure sold out, so snag your tickets soon! No prior paddling experience needed.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- A limited number of free tickets are available based on need, please contact Leah Nahmias at email@example.com.
- Participants have the option of bringing their own canoe or kayak or renting one from Eagle Creek Outfitters.
- Please bring a reuseable water bottle to take with you on the outing.
- Events are designed for ages 12 and up.
- Upland Brewing Co. beer will available to those 21 and older.
- In case of inclement weather, Indiana Humanities will cancel the event and alert you via email at least two hours prior to event start time. If the event is cancelled, you will be offered a ticket to another Next Indiana Campfires event of your choice.